Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Book of Mormon articles

Red flags and Revelation!

Yes, that's how most of these articles got started.

I'm a lay member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (LDS/ Mormon).

I love the Book of Mormon. Writing articles started out as an interest, then a hobby.

I would go to church for years, read the scriptures, read articles in church publications and elsewhere, listen to thousand's of people's comments--and some things just wouldn't seem right. Or perhaps, couldn't.

It's strange--when everyone agrees on one thing, it's either because they're all right, or--as as I conclude in many articles--because they're all wrong (hence "Renegade Mormon").
I wouldn't know what it was, but I could feel it. A red flag would go up in my brain--"mark this, there's something here"--something new, different, or contrarian.

So, I would take a closer, deeper look; or, listen to a small section over and over and over, and I would start to see it. The more I would do it, the more I would see.

Telling other members either makes you a nut, or, worse, they would get greatly offended and even angry. "Prove it!!" they would cry.

So I did. I wrote it all down. I sent summaries of the articles to see if some pro-Book of Mormon/ LDS Church groups wanted to publish them. No way!!--too much against the "conformity status quo" and back-patting "fuzzies". Too political, sometimes. "Scholars" wrote back, offering no proof but gladly telling me how wrong I was and how unsuitable the articles were.

But the messages are too important, especially now in these times.

So, I decided to "little red hen" it, and do it myself.

Now, you're here, with the chance to read them. There are two ways you can do this--pay, or write an article and send it to me in exchange. (Write for details.)

I love the Book of Mormon! What a book. The closest thing that I can think of that ranks anywhere even near it are some sections of other scriptures (Bible, Doctrine and Covenants, Pearl of Great Price) and Dante's The Divine Comedy. Some of the articles deal with the greatness of this book. Seriously, after all the evidence, only one conclusion can even remotely be drawn--God or Satan was directly behind it.

I write in layman terms, and much of my reasoning is pretty simple. No doctorate is needed to understand this stuff. Of course this is limiting, but I leave that up to the doctorates. On the other hand...

Most of these articles are not just original articles, but as far as I know, even the titles and main points are original ideas--I couldn't steal or copy the ideas if I wanted to. I have never seen or heard of almost any of these ideas, much less anything about them, anywhere. I still wonder--after all these years of our having the Book of Mormon, how many more things are still hidden, that support that conclusion of authorship: God or Satan? And yet, nothing I find, in the long run, seems to support a "Satan" conclusion.

Guarantee: the first person to find something wrong--provably wrong--with any part of my articles, gets a full refund. This guarantee especially goes out to FARMS. (I need to thank them--without their articles, I might never would have done this, especially at this time or in this quantity.)

The first 5 articles are finished.

So, what are these articles about?

Read some of them here!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home